As a recent college grad, I was looking for a cookware set that was as durable as it was well-price. I found exactly what I was looking for with the 12-Piece Signature Nonstick Expert Thermo-Spot Heat Indicator Cookware Set in red.
- 75-inch frying pan
- 11-inch frying pan
- 1-quart saucepans with lid
- 2-quart saucepans with lid
- 5-quart dutch oven with lid
- 25-inch griddle
- solid spoon
- slotted spatula
Pan/Pan Size Functions:
These pots and pans are perfect for use in a small apartment or small kitchen because they all fit so well inside one another. The 7.75-inch pan is perfect for crepes and pancakes, whereas the griddle is ideal for hash browns, bacon, or sausage. Both saucepans are great for sauces and soups, while the 5.5-quart Dutch oven helped me broaden my cooking horizons and test out an excellent recipe for stew. This set is really teaching me how to cook, for both myself and others. I would recommend this set for anyone who is just learning how to cook, or a seasoned cooking veteran who needs an upgraded set, especially because this set includes utensils.
Thermo-Spot Technology/Even Heat Base:
College consisted of many meals in the dining hall and very few meals that I actually cooked myself. The circle on the bottom of the pan glows red when it is hot enough to begin cooking. With the thermo-spot technology, I’m able to determine when my pan is ready—leaving me with better-cooked meals, and fewer headaches.
The Even Heat base ensures that my meals are cooked to perfection and that all my proteins are evenly browned and safely cooked.
The non-stick coating on this pan allows me to focus on healthy eating, rather than adding oils, fats, or grease to my pans. It’s important to remember that aerosol cooking spray is not recommended for nonstick pans, and low to moderate heat is the trick to a long-lasting nonstick coating.
These pans are great for those who are just starting out because they are safe for use in up to a 350-degree oven for 1 hour. For me, the fact that I could just pop these pans in the oven allowed for more space in my cabinets, and a dual functioned set.
- The red color looks great and gives a kitchen new look.
- The products are easy to wash and even dishwasher safe.
- The handles of the cookware are very comfortable and ergonomic which stay cool during the time of cooking.
- The aluminum constructions are used in this product for faster cooking and it helps in the even distribution of heat.
- The products are made of non-stick which not only easy to cook but also very easy to clean.
- The nonstick cookware consumes very low oil for cooking.
- The products are not available for international shipping.
- The aerosol cooking spray is not mentioned on this nonstick cookware.
This set of cookware is sturdy and well-made. The description promises heavy-gauge aluminum construction, and I’ve been using these pans for several months without so much as a scratch, knick, or chip. The red finish is for the long haul, and the gripped handles keep my pan hot and my hands cool.
This pan is a must-buy for those just starting out in the kitchen, or those who need an upgrade. When they say nonstick, they mean it. These pans are still in excellent condition, and I’ve been using them for months. I would recommend the 12-Piece Signature Nonstick Expert Thermo-Spot Heat Indicator Cookware Set to everyone.