In most Gotham Steel frying pan reviews, the buyers are largely satisfied with the overall quality of these products – and we’re not surprised either. The durable materials and construction coupled with the practical features of Gotham Steel products are the main reasons for their enduring popularity
But just because most of these cookware products are durable, practical, and even beautiful doesn’t mean that you can buy every product within your budget. Keep in mind that when buying cookware of any brand and type, you should always consider your unique needs and wants in their features. Your considerations should ideally include your cooking skills and aspirations, the type of dishes you’re planning on cooking, and the type of stove or oven it will be used on.
Reasons for Buying Gotham Steel Cookware
The Gotham Steel cookware is made of two high-tech materials – ceramic and titanium, both of which are known for their extreme durability against scratches, dents and nicks, among other types of damage. Even when the pans are used in beating eggs with a manual mixer or whisk, their thick nonstick coating will remain unscratched.
But this isn’t to say that regularly using metal whisks and mixers on the pans’ surfaces is recommended. Even the thickest nonstick coating will eventually sustain damage with extreme friction from metals. Metal cooking utensils, however, can be used on these pans because these exert less friction on the nonstick coating.
The pans also have nonstick coating that makes the use of oil and butter virtually unnecessary. Many people still use a small amount of oil and butter when cooking on Gotham Steel frying pans because these add flavor to the dishes. But in cases where oil and butter aren’t used, the food will slide off the pan’s surface easily.
According to the manufacturer, the frying pans can even be used to make sticky foods like condensed milk and marshmallows yet these will still slide off quickly. While it may or may not be true, we can say with certainty that the nonstick coating is among the best in nonstick cookware.
Aside from their uses in deep and pan frying, the Gotham Steel pans can also be used for flambé recipes because direct flame will not damage the ceramic interior. We suggest, nonetheless, reading up on safe and effective ways to flambé food before using a Gotham Steel pan.
The frying pans are also safe for use in ovens with temperatures reaching up to 500°F thus increasing their range of use. These can then be used for cooking on stovetops, as well as for roasting and baking in ovens.
After use, these pans are also easy to clean, especially as there are little to no food sticking to the surface. Never use steel wool and other scrubbers on it since a soak in water, sponge, and mild soap should do the trick in removing whatever food may be sticking to its surface. These can then be placed inside a dishwasher for a thorough cleaning.
Top 10 Gotham Steel Frying Pan Reviews
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of Gotham Steel pans, which will be useful in making your choice from among the dozens of these cookware.
#1 Gotham Steel 10-Piece Nonstick Frying Pan and Cookware Set
Every pot and pan in this 10-piece cookware set is made of titanium with a ceramic coating, a combo that ensures fast and even heating coupled with a high heat threshold. You can use them for both stovetop cooking as well as roasting and baking in the oven while their rust-proof treatment ensures their prolonged use over several years. You can use and wash it several times a day without worrying about the nonstick coating peeling off.
- Complete set with frying pans and pots in varying sizes, and a 5-quart aluminum steamer
- Durable materials and construction for several years’ use
- Nonstick coating doesn’t scratch easily
- Safe for oven and microwave use
- Safe for use with metal utensils
- Comes pre-seasoned although it still pays to read Gotham Steel seasoning instructions
- Unsatisfactory warranty
#2 Gotham Steel Ultimate 15-Piece All-in-One Chef’s Kitchen Set
The Gotham Steel square pan is a must-have item in a kitchen because of its larger capacity, nonstick property, and stylish design. But why settle for just one pan when you can have the whole nine yards? This 15-piece set consists of an 8.5” and 10.25” frying pans, a 9.5” deep and shallow square pans, and 5-quart and 2.5-quart pots, among others. Just as with all Gotham Steel products, these have been treated with a thick nonstick coating.
- Complete set
- Oven safe up to 500°F
- Lighter weight in comparison with other brands
- Safe for use with metal utensils
- Some buyers complain about certain foods sticking to the surface although soaking in water can remove them
- Handles feel cheap
#3 Gotham Steel 9950 12.5” Non-Stick Titanium Frying Pan
With its 12.5” wide and 2.2” deep measurements, this frying pan will suffice for most home cooking jobs, such as pan and deep frying fish, meats and vegetables. Due to its non-stick coating, a small amount of oil or butter will suffice, too, while sticky recipes can also be made on it. Its titanium base and ceramic coating means years of use so it’s relatively expensive price is justified.
- Durable materials used
- Thick nonstick coating
- 100% safe to use with no PTFE, PFOS, and PFOA chemicals used in its manufacture
- Suitable for most types of cooking from frying to stewing
- Easy to clean
- Doesn’t work on an induction stove
- May wobble on certain stovetop models
#4 Gotham Steel Tastic Bundle 7-Piece Cookware Set Titanium Ceramic Pan
Chefs find the Tastic Bundle set as a great starter set for their homes because it has most of the utensils needed to prepare a meal. There’s a Gotham Steel deep square panwith a lid, 12.5” and 9.5” pans, a steamer tray, and a frying basket as well as a recipe book so all you need are your food ingredients and metal cooking utensils (e.g., ladles). Every pot and pan is safe for use in an oven, stovetop, and dishwasher, too.
- Thick nonstick coating safe for use in food preparation
- Titanium and ceramic components for extreme durability
- All-around use from stovetop to oven
- Can be used for cooking acidic foods without altering flavors
- No lid for the large frying pan
- Rivets on the handle aren’t coated with nonstick treatment
#5 Gotham Steel 4-piece Set in Graphite
This set consists of a deep square pan with its lid, a steam rack, and a fry basket so it’s a basic set that home cooks will love. You will find the deep square pan to be a versatile utensil since you can use it for boiling, frying, flambéing, steaming, roasting, and baking; it can withstand heat up to 500°F over a stovetop and in an oven.
- Wide range of uses for cooking
- Essential for preparing healthy dishes (i.e., little oil needed due to nonstick coating)
- Easy to clean (i.e., dishwasher safe)
- Compatible with induction ovens
- Nonstick coating may not work for stickier foods while burned foods stubbornly stick to it
- Pan seems too light
#6 Gotham Steel 10.5” Ceramic Non-Stick Griddle
If you’re looking for a nonstick griddle where you can cook pancakes, eggs and bacon in larger batches than your standard frying pan, then this 10.5” ceramic griddle will likely suffice. The 10.5” surface is large enough to fit family-style meals in one go yet small enough to fit over your standard stovetop.
- Suitable for home use
- Nonstick coating only requires a single spray of cooking oil or a small pat of butter for cooking
- Several types of food can be cooked on it
- Easy to clean
- Unsuitable for induction cooking
#7 Gotham Steel 5-Piece Kitchen Essentials Set
The Gotham Steel products are endorsed by Daniel Green, a respected chef – and it speaks well about the overall quality of the cookware. This set includes a 2-quart pot with lid, an 11” pan with lid, and a 9.5” square shallow pan, all of which are safe for use over a stovetop, in an oven up to 500°F, and in a dishwasher for cleaning.
- Great starter set
- Scratch-proof nonstick ceramic coating
- Less oil and butter needed for healthy cooking
- Strong and sturdy pots and pans
- Warranty isn’t up to par
#8 Gotham Steel 10.5” Non-Stick Grill Pan
This Gotham Steel grillpan can be used on both stovetop and outdoor grill, not to mention that it’s light enough to be carried anywhere. You will love the ridges that add the ribbed look to your grilled food while its high-grade ceramic interior with nonstick coating makes it suitable for most types of food.
- Large cooking surface
- Durable materials yet lightweight
- Versatile uses in terms of types of food and cooking surface
- Easy to clean
- Unsuitable for induction stove
#9 Gotham Steel Nonstick Copper Double Grill and Griddle
The reversible design is its main selling point – one side features a grill and the other side has a griddle. You have a two-in-one product that can be used for grilling fish, steaks, chicken, and hotdogs as well as frying eggs, bacon and pancakes.
- Great for home and outdoor use
- Large nonstick cooking surface
- Durable quality
- Coating may peel off with constant use, especially with metal utensils
Also Checkout This Gotham Steel Crisper Tray Set
The beauty of this crisper tray set lies in the convenience provided in cooking. Flipping is unnecessary because the air circulates around the food that, in turn, results in perfectly crispy and golden foods. Since there’s no need to add oil, you will enjoy healthier food without sacrificing on the deep-fried flavor and texture.
- Set consists of a regular- and large-sized tray
- Comes with free Gotham Steel crisper recipes
- Can be used for making healthier dishes
- Easy to clean
- Grease may build up but it’s easy to remove
We hope that with these Gotham Steel frying pan reviews, you will be able to find the best pots and pans from the brand for your own use. Keep in mind, too, that the durability of these products partly rests on your proper use so we always recommend reading the manufacturer’s instructions guide about using and cleaning these products.