NuWave PIC 2 Reinvents the Stove Burner
The people who produce the Nuwave Precision Cooktop say it will make anyone cook like a professional chef. According to the manufacturers, the Precision Cooktop holds everything from a kettle, a saucepan, and a frying pan.
Using this Nuwave Pic 2 will keep oatmeal from sticking to the surface of the saucepan, keep sauces and water from boiling over. The product developers claim that the food in the pan gets hot and not the unit itself.
This is because heat is created using a magnetic field that transfers heat to the pan and not the cookware surface. Foods take one-third less time to cook than on a gas or electric stove.
Image Credit: Amazon.com
There is a buy It has a special buy one get one free promotion. one gets one free promotion. The Nuwave precision cooktop won the Best New Design Housewares Design Awards Best new design award in 2012.
Many people have tested the Nuwave induction Cooktop on #YouTube and they were very satisfied with the product.
Product Specification of NuWave PIC 2
- Dimension is 14.4 x 15.9 x 6.3 inches
- Only comes in black
- Weights 7 lbs
- Comes in 1300 and 1800 watts
- A base with push button controls that adjust High, medium, low
- Six temperature settings and only goes up to 575 degrees
- Adjusts higher or lower in 10-degree increment settings
- Comes with a nine-inch Duration frying pan
- Instructional DVD
- Comes with a cookbook
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Cook fondue and grill food.
- Easy to clean because spills do not stick to the surface
- More economical to use than a gas or electric stove
- Uses electromagnetic energy saves 70 percent energy
There are also some disadvantages to using the Nuwave Pic 2 induction Cooktop.
- Water can take up to two minutes to boil.
- Not able to fit on stovetop
- Can cost a hundred dollars or more
Amazon offers free shipping for any order that is over $35. Amazon can ship an item as quick as one day and as long as a few days.
Preprogrammed Temperature Keys and their Functions
Once you find that perfect time and temperature for cooking your meals,for example, an omelet, just write down the temperature you used and the time it took to cook. Always use the same temperature and time to cook the omelet. Use plastic, rubber, or wood spatulas on the pan surface so you do not scratch the pan. If you want to know if your pan will work well on the Nuwave induction Cooktop, get a magnet and see if it will stick to the bottom of the pan. Use the cookbook and DVD that comes with the appliance to help you set the proper time for cooking until you get used to using this new appliance. When reheating leftover pizza, add water to one slice of pizza, set to medium-high heat, and cover it with a glass top. Wait till the lid gets steamed up and the pan is sizzling. Don’t use water on fries when you reheat them in the pan. With a small metal coffee pot container, you can heat up coffee in about four minutes.