Cordless electric kettles are great. They provide you with the right amount of hot water when your microwave or other kitchen appliances are not up to the task. They are quick, energy efficient, and environmentally friendly.
We know it is difficult to find that elusive best cordless electric kettle. You have searched high and low for one. Yet still can’t pick what you think is the best model. Our Cordless electric kettle reviews should make your search much easier.
If you think all cordless electric kettles are the same, keep reading. You may be surprised to learn they are not all created equal.
Best Cordless Electric Kettle Reviews
One of the outstanding features is its glass construction. This helps prevent taste contamination. The stainless-steel borders protect the kettle from breaking when it slips out of your hand. The LED indicator light lets you know it is working. This kettle heats up its 1.7 liter capacity in 5 or 6 minutes.
You do not have to worry about being burned as its heat resistant handle keeps your hand cool. The anti-slip grip provides for hassle free pouring. Another good feature is that this kettle is BPA free. The automatic shut off system turns the kettle off when the water is ready. You get maximum safety with this product.
- Sturdy glass body.
- The handle does not heat up fast.
- No steam tube needed for cleaning.
- The lid opens quickly and locks as needed.
- Takes a bit of time to dry out when cleaning.
- The click that tells you when the water is done boiling is kind of quiet.
- The auto shut-off takes a while.
If you want a quicker heating time and more power, then this kettle is your answer. It brings 1500 watts of power to your heating task. The Aicock electric kettle only takes a few minutes to heat up its 1.7 liter capacity contents.
The British Strix thermostat shuts this kettle off on time. No waiting for half a minute before the kettle decides to turn off. The heat is removed as soon as the water hits the right temperature. An attractive feature is its construction. Made from top quality, corrosion resistant stainless steel, this kettle resists rust, protects against leaks and contains no BPA.
- Six temperature presets are included.
- The level gauge reminds you when the kettle is full.
- Easy to remove the filter.
- The filter gets backed up easily.
- Takes a bit for the level gauge to accurately fill up.
- The cord can get tangled.
You have the option of 6 different heat settings, it can keep the water warm for 30 minutes and it has a 2-minute memory function. There is a little backlit window under the handle, so you can keep an eye on the water. This is on top of the standard features you find on other cordless electric kettles- 1500-watt power, auto-shut off, removable and washable.
It also has a worry free limited 3-year warranty.
- The one-touch control setup offers simple functionality.
- Each preset button is clearly labeled by temperature and the type of brew it is recommended for.
- Does not become hot to the touch.
- The memory feature doesn’t last too long.
- The water window isn’t lit well.
If you have a limited budget or you are just starting out, this option will not cost you much. This budget saver brings quick action powered by 1100watts while using less energy than any stove top kettle.
Made from all plastic, this BPA free kettle has auto-shut off. Also, it has a sensor which turns the kettle off when no water is inside. The water level indicator and little window enable you to fill the kettle up till exactly where you want. An added touch is its ergonomic design which fits comfortably in your hand.
Its limited warranty is only for one year.
- The heating element is fully concealed.
- Easy to open and close to lid with a push button feature.
- The LED light changes in intensity as the water boils.
- No audible alert for when the water is done boiling.
- Vague control button.
- Takes a while to clean out.
Another contender for the best cordless kettle competition comes from a brand name you can trust. Hamilton Beach has been making kitchen appliances for decades. They have the knowledge and expertise to design the best electric tea kettle for you.
Its compact design and stainless-steel construction allows this kettle to look good anywhere you place it. Packed with the essentials- 1.7-liter capacity, 1500-watt power, auto-shut off, full or dry. It also comes with a no drip spout, stay cool handle, two water level windows and push button lid.
It is a great appliance for those small servings of tea, hot chocolate or even instant noodles.
- Fits well onto its base.
- The handle stays cool as you heat the water up.
- Auto-shutoff feature works after the water is done boiling.
- The bottle of the outside may warp if not handled correctly.
- Some rust may develop on the inside if not cleaned.
This is another budget saver. It is economically priced for those with a limited budget, to enjoy the benefits of a cordless electric kettle. Made up of a combination of plastic and stainless steel it is a little larger than the other models. Its 2-liter capacity is heated up with 1000-watts of power.
The stainless-steel interior makes sure there is no contact between plastic and water. It is BPA free and is FDA certified. While there is a nice and soft no-slip grip and stay cool handle, there does not seem to be a window to monitor the water or water level.
The manufacturer claims that it will do whatever it takes to make you happy with their product.
- Can handle water plus milk and most types of formulas.
- The ergonomic design lets you handle the kettle in either hand.
- Produces a gentle noise when the water is ready.
- The kettle has to be cleaned off immediately after each use, especially after boiling milk.
- Does not always turn off on its own.
This is a cordless electric tea kettle that is attractive. Its glass shell is highlighted with a blue tint. The combination of glass, stainless steel and plastic gives it a futuristic touch. A built-in mesh filter helps strain out any contaminants.
The compact design will allow it to fit on any counter. Including those already over-crowded with kitchen appliances. The 1500-watt power is no match for the auto-shut off switch. Once the water is boiled, the kettle is switched off. It also protects against accidental ‘turn on’ when there is no water in the kettle. The push button top makes filling a snap. Don’t fill over the 1.7-liter capacity.
- Secures itself well on its 360-degree rotating base.
- The kettle will shut off automatically if it cannot identify any water in its body.
- Brilliant design for your countertop display.
- No real control buttons.
- The handle feels rough.
- The glass body can crack if not handled right.
It is a best small electric kettle among the other competitors, but it is still a tough competitor. While only having a 1.5-liter capacity it still packs the punch to get the job done. Made from borosilicate glass and packing 1100-watt power, this model is roughly 85% more economical than a stove top kettle.
It may be little smaller, but it has all the tools the bigger models have. Auto-shut-off, water level gauge, stainless steel heating element, stay cool handle, and auto-shut-off. You will not miss out on any of the features because of its size. It will just fit better on your counter.
- The heating element keeps minerals from being harmed.
- Automatically shuts off when the kettle reaches a boiling temperature.
- Easier to identify any limescale deposits thanks to the concealed heating element.
- The kettle has to be cleaned more often than most other models.
- The filter gets clogged very fast.
If you have the room, this slightly larger, 1.8-quart capacity, cordless electric kettle comes with a classy exterior. It will brighten up or fit in to any décor. It comes in many colors. The double walled construction gives you a stainless-steel interior that is easy to clean.
There is no danger in being scalded, it is safe to use and saves on energy. It boils water faster while looking good as it does it. The 1500-watt power is more than enough to handle any boiling task. The manufacturer’s two-year warranty will protect your investment.
- No plastic will get in contact with the water, thus keeping the water safe and clean.
- Easy to open for quick cleaning.
- The cool-touch exterior will not burn your hand.
- The heating cycle may not work every time you push the button.
- The plastic outside may wear out depending on how often the kettle is used.
If you want the best flavor in your hot beverage you need to brew it at the right temperature. The 6 temperature settings that comes with this model accomplishes that task. You can pick the right temperature for the beverage you want and have a perfect taste each time.
This version of the cordless electric kettle also has a 30 minute keep warm function, a 2-minute memory function and the usual safety features. Its water level window is not backlit, but it has a nice stainless steel finish. It will look good on your counter. Another good feature is that it comes with a 2-year money back guarantee.
Why should you buy the best electric kettle.
If you have been boiling water the old-fashioned way, you have not been energy efficient. It seems that these new electric tea kettles are more energy efficient than stove top boiling. They are also safer than the old-fashioned way.
- The temperature control buttons are labeled well.
- The wide opening gets water out in moments.
- The level gauge is easy to read.
- The handle feels too curvy.
- Hard to clean off the inside.
Tips for Using Best Electric Kettle
What is BPA
BPA is a chemical that comes out of plastic when the contents are boiled or steamed. This chemical can cause health problems if digested. It is best to stick to non-plastic appliances if you are going to boil water.
Countries are starting to ban products that contain BPA. The reason for it is because BPA can cause infertility, diabetes, learning disabilities, impaired brain development, asthma, prostate cancer, cardiovascular diseases, breast cancer and many other assorted health problems.
Make sure you buy those products that are BPA free.
What Is An Electric Kettle?
An electric kettle is a device that works like a traditional stovetop kettle, but it uses an electric connection instead. You would plug the kettle or a base for that kettle into a wall outlet and then activate the power on the kettle or base. The unit will heat up based on the settings you utilize.
You can use an electric kettle for cases where you do not have easy access to a stove. The kettle may also heat up water faster while providing you with more precise heating options.
How Does An Electric Kettle Work?
An electric kettle works through the use of a heating element. This is a resistor that takes in electricity and converts that power into heat. The element is sealed at the bottom of the kettle or in a base that the kettle fits onto.
A thermostat is included inside the kettle. As the heating element rises in temperature, the thermostat will identify how hot the surface is. A current within the thermostat will identify when the temperature reaches a certain total. The thermostat will shut off the heating element when that temperature is attained. In some models, the thermostat will identify when the temperature starts to go down.
Depending on the kettle model, the thermostat may be programmed at a specific temperature based on the user’s settings. This includes a standard boil or something a little lighter in intensity. The thermostat will trigger the heating element to turn on or off based on where the temperature is versus that setting.
The kettle only works when the kettle itself or the base it fits onto is plugged in and the proper power settings are used. Also, some kettles that link to bases offer memory functions that allow a smaller heating element to maintain a specific temperature for a short bit while the kettle is off of the base.
How to Remove Limescale From Kettles?
Limescale is a white deposit that develops from minerals that are taken out from the water being heated. The limescale inside a kettle can be removed with these steps:
- Mix vinegar with water; keep the vinegar and water as even with each other as possible.
- Add the mixture into the kettle and let it soak for about an hour.
- Boil the kettle with the mixture inside after that hour is up.
- Empty out the kettle and rinse the inside.
You can also use lemon juice instead of vinegar and use the same process, although this would produce a lemon scent that might take a bit to dissipate. Fortunately, lemon juice is as effective as vinegar.
How Fast Do Electric Kettles Boil Water?
An electric kettle will take about two to five minutes to boil water. The timing varies based on the kettle model you buy. Look at the specifics in your kettle to see how long it takes for your specific kettle to work.
How to Use a Tea Kettle?
The following steps are for helping you to use a tea kettle the right way:
- Add the proper amount of water you need into a kettle.
- Bring the water to a boil. Avoid heating the water for too long or else the oxygen within the water will boil off, thus producing a flat taste.
- Add one tablespoon of tea leaves into a strainer for six cups of tea. You can also add one teaspoon for a single cup.
- Pour the water from inside the tea kettle into the strainer.
- Steep for four minutes and then remove the tea leaves. You might have to pour the tea from the strainer into a separate vessel, although that would be for when you use loose tea leaves. Avoid oversteeping or else the tea will develop a bitter taste.
- Stir the tea to mix the flavor well.
Depending on your tea kettle, you might have the option to get your tea boiled to a certain temperature that your tea would taste better in.
How to Clean a Tea Kettle?
The following steps are needed for cleaning a tea kettle:
- Add white vinegar into the kettle. Make sure the white vinegar covers over any residues that are stuck inside the kettle.
- Let the kettle sit with the white vinegar inside for about half an hour.
- Use a gentle sponge to scrub the vinegar around the inside.
- Drain the kettle and then rinse it out with water. Dry the inside out after this.
How to Descale An Electric Kettle?
The limescale inside the electric kettle is often harder to clean out than traditional deposits within the kettle. The following steps should be used when descaling your kettle:
- Add a mixture of even parts water and vinegar into your kettle. Keep the kettle about three-quarters of the way filled.
- Boil the mixture.
- Turn the kettle off; be sure to unplug the kettle.
- Allow the mixture to sit for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the kettle and then rinse it out a few times to get rid of all the vinegar.
- Wipe the inside dry and allow the kettle to sit for a moment.
- Boil water inside the kettle and then drain it. The water should clear out any remaining bits of limescale or any vinegar that is still there. You might have to do this a few times to clear out all that vinegar.
A Few Final Words
It is never easy to pick the best cordless electric kettle. There are a lot of selections to choose from. They are all good, efficient, energy savers that will boil water to perfection. Some are just more versatile than others.
If it helps, we liked numbers 3 and 10. The 6 different temperature settings and other programmable features made them standout. We also liked the 30-minute keep warm and the 2-minute memory functions.
But all the options are good. Your selection will depend upon your need, your taste and your budget. Don’t spend too much just because we liked two of the more expensive models. Get the one that fits you and your life style.