Choosing an induction range remains a challenge because of the many producers producing almost similar products. However, everyone wants to settle for the best. So why the induction range and not its electric counterpart?
First, it would mean that you will have less electricity bill to pay. Secondly, it is a combination of two essential equipment. An induction range comes with a cooktop as well as an oven. If you had no idea of the goodies of the same, now you know. What is remaining is narrowing down the numerous options. Features, user satisfaction, buying trends and online reviews have been put into consideration when coming up with this list of the best induction ranges.
|Frigidaire Gallery FGIF3061NF 30" ||Check on Amazon|
|Frigidaire FGIS3065PF 30"||Check on Amazon|
|GE PS950SFSS 30"||Check on Amazon|
|GE PT9550SFSS Profile 30"||Check on Amazon|
|Electrolux EI30EF45QS 30"||Check on Amazon|
|GE Profile PHS920SFSS 30" Profile Series||Check on Amazon|
|Frigidaire FFES3025PW ADA Compliant 30"||Check on Amazon|
|GE JS750DFBB 30" Black Electric Slide-In Smoothtop Range||Check on Amazon|
|Frigidaire FFES3025PB ADA Compliant 30"||Check on Amazon|
So What Types of Induction Range are Available?
When it comes to best induction range, there are two types, slide-in and freestanding.
1. Slide-in Induction Range
A slide in induction range has the controls in front and set over countertops. They don’t have finished sides but are instead slid between cabinets without difficulty.
2. Freestanding Induction Range
Freestanding induction ranges have the sides finished and can be positioned any place in your kitchen. They have blackguards with the controls set on them.
Slide-in VS Freestanding Induction Ranges
Price: As induction range reviews have shown, the slide in is more expensive than the freestanding type. Most ranges sold today are freestanding because they are more affordable.
Size: Slide-ins are 30 inches wide but a couple of inches wider along the top so it overlaps a countertop. Most freestanding ranges are also 30 inches wide, but they are available in other widths such as 20, 24, and 40 inches.
Features: In terms of features the slide in types have more to offer, and they are also more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. However, freestanding ranges are now catching up when it comes to specs.
Warranty: Warranties depend on the product type and manufacturer.
Durability: Slide in types are more durable, but this is to be expected as they’re more expensive.
Cooking Speed: Freestanding and slide-ins have similar cooking speeds.
Best Freestanding Induction Range
Freestanding induction ranges have long been popular, and there is no sign of this abating in the near future. To help you find the right one, here are some suggestions:
- Compare the speed: An induction range is fast, but some are quicker than others.
- Safety: Look for those with safety features such as child lock and auto adjustment to avoid accidents.
- Power: A freestanding range varies in power, with some meant for basic use and others built for high-end users. You should, therefore, compare the product specs to find the one that satisfies your needs.
Our First Choice: Frigidaire Induction Range Reviews
The Best products of Frigidaire Induction Range are reviewed below:
Frigidaire FGIF3061NF Gallery Induction Range
Image Credit: Amazon.com
The FGIF3061NF is equipped with 5 induction elements, and with its 5.4 cubes. ft. capacity, it is easy to see why the Frigidaire FGIF3061NF is considered one of the top induction cooking range in the market today. As one of the best electric range products, it comes with an Auto Keep Warm and Quick Preheat features.
Performance wise this is one of the best that Frigidaire has to offer, and operations should not present any problems to the user. Standard controls are included and the burners respond quickly to adjustments you make. Like other rangers today, this is easy to clean up. Read More→
Frigidaire FGIS3065PF: Frigidaire Gallery 30” Slide-In Induction Range
Image Credit: Amazon.com
The Frigidaire FGES3065PF is a top of the line range with 5 cooking zones, 20-minute steam clean and a storage drawer. This Frigidaire induction range also comes with an Auto Keep Warm and Delay Bake so food is cooked just the way you like it.
Compared to a typical freestanding induction range, this product cooks food faster, and it takes less than a couple of minutes to boil water. Even when used on a regular basis, the unit is easy to clean up and spills won’t burn either. As you might expect from the manufacturer, the controls are easy to use too. Read More →
Frigidaire-FGIF3061NF VS Frigidaire-FGIS3065PF
- The FGIF3061NF is more affordable by a few hundred dollars compared to the other induction slide in range.
- Both can be used as ovens, broilers and for convection.
- The Frigidaire Gallery 30” electric cooking range has a superior Quick Preheat feature.
- The Gallery 30″ Stainless Steel is suitable if you need an affordable range, while the 30” Slide-In Induction Range is for those who need more power.
Frigidaire FFES3025PW ADA Compliant 30” Induction Range
This high-quality oven from the Frigidaire stable is one among the many manufactured by this Company. Check out some of the unique options of this appliance that makes it special.
- Extra-large element to fit larger pots and pans
- Power clean facility performs a heavy-duty cleaning function with 25% more cleaning power. This oven has a quick cleaning option as well. The delay cleaning system is a novelty.
- Flexible elements that expand according to your cooking requirements
- Oven racks have handles enabling you to pull them out easily
- Excellent coordination in color of doors and equipment. A large window makes it easy to check out status of food at frequent intervals.
- Performs a variety of broiling operations
Frigidaire FFES3025PB ADA Compliant 30” Induction Range
This large product from Frigidaire enables you to cook more than one item at a particular time. Let us look at the exciting features one can find in this product.
- Extra-large 12 element cooking range allows you the flexibility to cook more
- Power Clean facility ensures that the cleaning is automatic and powerful
- It allows you to place larger pots to cater to specific requirements.
- The Oven rack has special handles that allow you to pull them out even while wearing an oven mitt.
- Perform multiple cooking operations in this oven with ease.
- Extra-large window enables you to see your food being cooked.
- Attractive looking knobs and digital controlling features
Best Slide-in Induction Range
A slide in has many similarities to the freestanding type, so a lot of the features you should look for are quite similar. However, there are some differences that you have to remember.
- Since slide-in ranges are more expensive, this is the first area that most buyers check first.
- Look up the feature of the slide in. Does it have features that you really need a freestanding doesn’t have? Consider this carefully since the price difference can reach several hundred dollars.
- These ranges have all the high-end features that freestanding models have, but they usually offer something extra. Keep an eye on the product description and the specs for the details.
Best Pick: GE PS950SFSS 30″ Slide-In Double Oven Electric Range
Image Credit: Amazon.com
The PS950SFSS comes with an expandable bridge zone so you only utilize the heat you require. This slide in electric range also comes with a black gloss interior that makes it as stylish as it is functional. This GE slide-in range also has glass touch controls that make cleaning easier compared to your typical induction slide in range.
The top is set on cabinets so no falling food bits to worry about, and the transparent windows let you see what is going on. The burners can be expanded, and while it has a user guide, the controls are very intuitive you won’t have trouble figuring out how they work.
Also Consider: GE PHS920SFSS Profile 30″ Stainless Steel Electric Slide-In Induction Range
Image Credit: Amazon.com
The PHS920SFSS is one of the best double oven products today thanks to its wide range of features. This double oven range comes with fast preheat so you can make meals quickly, and this stainless steel electric stove also has a self-clean roller rack so it’s easier to maintain.
This range cooks food quickly and the temperature adjustment response is fast as well. Even when the range is set at high levels, the heat goes down almost immediately when you turn it down. Running on low to normal levels doesn’t produce any sounds, and even when at high settings, the range doesn’t create a ruckus either.
GE-PS950SFSS VS GE-PHS920SFSS Induction Range
- The 920 is more expensive than the 950.
- The 950 has a larger capacity than the 920 (6.6 cu ft. to 5.3 cu ft.).
- Both have easy to use controls.
- The 920 has more features that will suit a power user. [/toggle]
GE PT9550SFSS Profile 30”
This is a large double oven having Wi-Fi controls. This facility makes it the most preferred oven of the younger generations. Have a look at some of the features on display.
- • It is a double oven that conforms to the true European convection functioning with Direct Air.
• The steam clean option makes it a self-cleaning one.
• You can bake, broil, and roast with equal ease.
• It comes with an automatic self-clean oven door lock.
• 6 racks and ladder-rack provisions
• Controlling this oven is easy with Brillion-enabled wireless control
• 3 interior halogen oven lights and a black gloss finish are attractive features
• Capacity of 5 cubic feet in both the ovens, respectively
• Stainless steel frameless oven doors and a big view window
• 1-year warranty
Electrolux EI30EF45QS 30”
Electrolux is an electronic appliance manufacturing giant committed to provide the best possible experience to customers. The appliance has some of the best jaw-dropping features you expect an induction oven to have.
- Front control free-standing range
- 28-inch depth ensures easy replacement of any freestanding model without modifications
- Stainless steel body for excellent durability
- Sturdy curved handles
- 4 main burners and a warming zone
- Attractive and easy-to-use control panel at the front of the range
- Perform a variety of cooking options like bake, broil, preheat, roast, etc.
- Convection convert mode system available
- Excellent burner temperatures – 3200 watt left front burner
- Maximum temperature of 770 degrees Fahrenheit
- 5 radiant elements
- Dual convection oven with capacity of 4.6 cubic feet
- Self-cleaning options available
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
GE JS750DFBB 30”
The Company is considering stopping the manufacture of this particular model, but the existing appliances have some of the most attractive features.
- Radiant smooth top burner type
- 5 elements of different capacities that includes a 6” warming zone
- This range comes with a storage drawer
- Front controls make it attractive
- 4 hot surface indicator lights add to the utility
- Self-cleaning options make it a self-reliant appliance
- Easy-to-control features
- This is a convection bake type cooking oven conforming to True European Convection with Precise Air
- 3 heavy duty racks with 7 ladder rack provisions make this oven a versatile one.
- Total capacity of this oven is 4.4 cubic feet
- Black color surface with matching control knobs
- A big open view window allows you to examine status of cooking at all times
- Limited 1-year manufacturer warranty available
Things to Look for When Buying Induction Range
We have just seen some of the top induction cooking ranges available in the market. The features described in these cooking ranges are stuff of dreams. On comparing one with the other, you might always find that a particular range is better in one way whereas the other one scores in a different category. The ranges described above contain an amalgamation of all the successful features of induction cooking ranges.
So, you have to decide between a slide-in and freestanding. As mentioned earlier the slide in range is more expensive but has more features. Aside from the price, consider how you want your oven set: if you want an oven you can put anywhere in your kitchen, get a freestanding range. But if you want an oven that is flushed against your countertop, the slide-in is the better option.
Ultimately it comes down to personal preference and budget. If money is not a question, then the slide in range is the ideal option, but for most people, the freestanding range does the job fine.
The best induction range is one that understands your culinary requirements, is economical in its performance, and helps you to cook great food. The interesting fact is that each one of the above-described appliances is beautiful to look as well.