Calphalon is a popular name in the world of cookware thanks to the company’s diverse array of cookware products and its attention to detail and quality.
The company brings commercial-quality cookware products for the home.
Calphalon has been providing people with many useful cookware products since 1963 and continues to be innovative in the field.
The products you can choose from when finding the best Calphalon cookware products are appealing and useful for all your cooking demands.
This guide includes Calphalon cookware reviews with a look at various sets, including choices that are sorted by the type of material used in each product.
You will also learn about some of the most popular individual pots and pans that you can buy from Calphalon.
These include products that will help you with your cooking needs even when you don’t have a need for an entire set.
Best Calphalon Cookware Reviews:
Prominent Sub-Brand Name Sets
1. Calphalon Space Saving Cookware Reviews: Nonstick Premier 15 Piece Set – Easy to Stack and Use
The Premier line of cookware from Caphalon helps you cook everything you want without taking up lots of space.
Each pot and pan stacks smaller with each having a recessed bottom for simple storage and stacking needs. You can stack and nest the pieces in this set in any order you desire.
Each cookware product features a hard anodized aluminum body plus a stainless steel handle that stays cool. The nonstick surface can handle various types of utensils, including metal items. The tempered glass covers are also flat, thus saving even more space. You can place one of these lids upside-down on a cookware item to secure the space.
This 15-piece set includes three fry pans, two saucepans, a soup pan, a saute pan, a stockpot, and even a five-quart sauteuse. Lids are included for many of these items.
- Works on many stove tops, including halogen tops.
- The hard anodized aluminum body moves temperatures around evenly.
- Oven save at temperatures of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The stacking process works when the products are of the same diameter.
- The handles on some pots are too short.
2. Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11 Piece Set – A Fashionable Look
The strong aluminum body of this Calphalon set is hard-anodized to create a durable body.
The inside includes three layers of nonstick coating. The first two keep a durable surface, while the third layer helps to release the foods from the surface. The PFOA-free surface is safe to utilize.
The modern design of the Contemporary set comes with stainless steel handles. These handles are long enough for most uses while remaining cool even while on a stove top.
The set includes two fry pans, two sauce pans, a 3-quart saute pan, and an 8-quart stock pot. Lids are included with each piece with the exception of the smaller 10-inch fry pan.
- The hard body of each piece keeps the pots and pans strong.
- The clear glass lids are easy to see through while returning moisture to foods.
- Suitable for use on most stove top surfaces.
- The lids might scratch the edges of the pieces.
- The coating might come off if washed too hard inside a dishwasher.
3. Calphalon Signature Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 10-Piece – Powerful For All Your Cooking Needs
The Signature series of cookware is a high-end series that offers a hard-anodized aluminum body on each piece. The PFOA-free materials will perform as well as stainless steel items.
The aluminum body distributes heat evenly throughout the entire set. The pan will stay cool and comfortable on the surface as the stainless steel handles are riveted well without taking in far too much heat.
The cookware set features 10 and 12-inch omelette pans, 2 and 3-quart saucepans, a 3-quate saute pan, and an 8-quart stock pot. Covers are included for many of these pieces.
- Can be handled with nylon, metal, and wood utensils; these include whisks and spoons.
- The tempered glass lids secure the heat inside each piece.
- Oven safe at up to 500 degrees.
- The pieces are heavy in weight.
- The exterior parts can quickly stain.
- Outside parts may chip.
Popular Sets Based on the Material Used
1. Calphalon 10-Piece Tri-Ply Cookware Set – Moves Heat Around Well
The stainless steel body of each piece on this Calphalon set produces a brilliant surface for cooking, but the aluminum core in between stainless steel layers is even more important.
The aluminum body allows heat to move evenly throughout the cookware set. The stainless steel produces a non-porous surface that is easy to wash off.
The stainless steel handles match up with the rest of the cookware pieces, but those handles are riveted to keep them separate. The handles will not develop intense heat.
The pieces in this cookware set include two sauce pans, an omelette pan, a saute pan, and a five-quart Dutch oven. Each piece has a matching lid. The tempered glass lids provide the user with a clear space for reviewing how well the foods are being cooked.
- Safe for use in a dishwasher.
- The heat distributed around each piece keeps the foods even and comfortable.
- Each piece is sturdy enough for most cooking demands.
- Does not do well with foods that are added while still chilled or frozen.
- It is tough to figure out when the pots and pans are hot enough.
2. Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10-Piece Cookware Set – Keep Your Foods From Sticking
Your next choice here is an aluminum nonstick set.
The Simply Calphalon set uses a nonstick coating that lasts for years. The PFOE-free coating helps improve upon how foods can be released during the cooking process. You only need to use a gentle sponge and soapy water to clean off each piece.
The hard-anodized aluminum body on each piece ensures a better fit for cooking while moving heat evenly around the surface of each item. The design is harder than stainless steel and can be used in an oven or broiler at up to 450 degrees.
The set features two omelet pans, two sauce pans with covers, a 3-quart saute pan with cover, and a 6-quart stock pot with cover. The covers are made with tempered glass products that fit well.
- The handles offer smooth and cool bodies.
- The non-porous surface is easy to clean off.
- The surfaces do not scratch easily.
- The set is not dishwasher safe.
- The pieces are heavier than most others.
3. Calphalon 11 Piece Classic Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set – Measure Your Foods Right
The measuring marks on the inside parts of this ceramic cookware set make it easier for people to cook their foods and to review how much water or content is inside of a piece.
The pour spouts on some pieces allow you to drain the fluid out of a pot or pan even while the proper lid is secured on the piece.
The ceramic material comes with an aluminum base that lasts for years. The product is so durable that Calphalon has attached a 10-year warranty to the set.
Stainless steel handles are also included with long bodies that will stay cool. The nonstick insides of each piece also ensure simple cleaning.
The 11-piece ceramic set includes two fry pans, a 12-inch round griddle, a saute pan, two covered sauce pans, and a 5-quart Dutch oven. Each piece has a grayish matching body with a white interior.
- The stainless steel handles are fully riveted.
- Oven safe at up to 450 degrees.
- Fits on electric ring, glass, and halogen stove tops.
- The pieces only work with the lids that they come with.
- Does not handle metal utensils well.
Individual Pots, Pans, and Tools
Perhaps you might have a need for just one cookware item instead of a full set.
Calphalon produces many individual cookware pieces that fit your cooking demands. Let’s look at some of the pots, pans, and kitchen tools that Calphalon offers.
This set features a hard-anodized aluminum body on each piece. You will get 8 and 10-inch pans in this set.
The pieces heat up evenly and have sloped sides for helping you move the foods inside each pan as gently as possible.
- Oven safe at 450 degrees.
- The stainless steel handles remain cool.
- The flared edges allow heat to move well.
- May not work with all utensils.
- The handle is short.
The 10 and 12-inch omelette fry pans in this set feature aluminum bodies that distribute heat evenly.
The pans can handle nylon and wood utensils for easy cooking. The PFOE-free nonstick coating surface ensures the cookware will stay easy to clean off.
- Can be washed in a dishwasher.
- The handles are fully ergonomic.
- The hard-anodized exterior will not chip or scratch.
- Cannot be used with metal utensils.
- Does not work with lids other than what the set comes with.
The deep design of this fry pan produces a deep body for cooking intense foods.
The medium-gauge aluminum produces a lightweight body while still moving heat around well. The silicone handle is curved to provide you with a better grip.
- The lid seals in heat well.
- The handle stays cool while heating.
- Oven safe at 400 degrees.
- May not work on all worktops.
- The nonstick coating may wear after a while.
The flat square design of this 11-inch griddle pan features a durable hard-anodized aluminum surface.
The three layers of nonstick coating allow the batter or other items added to the pan to move evenly without sticking.
The lip surface on the ends of the griddle keeps the foods inside the griddle from leaking out.
- The handle is fully curved.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Handles oven temperatures of 450 degrees.
- May scratch when metal utensils are used.
- Takes a bit of extra time to heat up.
This aluminum nonstick pasta pot comes with a steamer insert. You can add the steamer into the pot and then remove it when you’re looking to drain the water from inside the pot.
The stainless steel handles match up on both the pot and the steamer. Each surface is non-porous for easy cleaning and for clearing out foods in moments.
- The holes around the steamer are evenly positioned from one another.
- The nonstick surface lasts for years and will not slough off.
- The modern design offers a nice look.
- The pot is heavy in weight.
- Does not work with cooking spray materials.
This 5-quart Dutch oven includes a lid that features some small openings to allow for you to drain fluids from the piece.
The small pour spout on the side adds to your convenience. The aluminum body allows heat to move evenly.
- The lid is easy to see through.
- The measuring marks are easy to read.
- Oven safe at 450 degrees.
- The 11-inch diameter may be too large.
- The surface can scratch with metal utensils.
This utensil set features a spoon, a slotted spoon, a scraper, a slotted turner, and a pasta fork.
Each piece features a nylon body that will not scratch the surface of an average pot or pan.
- Flexible bodies for stirring, scooping, and more.
- Each piece is lightweight.
- Useful for left and right-handed users.
- The necks are not that flexible.
- The handles can feel rough.
The last thing to find in your kitchen is this knife set that features eight steak knives and several larger knives.
Each piece features a carbon German steel body, although the steak knives use Asian steel. Each piece is fully sharpened and is easy to maintain.
- The riveted handles help you identify each piece.
- The wood block base offers simple organization.
- Extra slot included for other utensils.
- Takes a bit to sharpen.
- The handles can be slick if wet.
Each of these Calphalon cookware products are important to notice when you are looking for a quality set for use in your kitchen.
You will find that Calphalon products are among the best in the field when it comes to getting your kitchen products handled right.