When you think of Spain, only two things come to mind.
One is bullfighting and other is the Spanish gourmet.
How can you leave Spain without tasting the famous Spanish food?
Speaking of Spanish Cuisine, the Paella should be the first item that stuck in your mind. Interestingly ‘paella’ originally name of a cooking pan not the dish name.
In this article, we are going to review the facts of the paella pan and the top paella pan on the market that are treading. Later in the article, we also put a buying guide which solely concentrates on what you need to consider on a paella pan.
The Best Paella Pan Reviews:
10. Cuisinart Paella Pan Review: ASP-38CR
At No 10 we have a bright red-colored paella pan, Cuisinart ASP-38CR that looks as attractive as the paella it cooks. Having a traditional design with flared sides, it has a dimpled interior that allows you to prepare the ideal caramelized crusts. Let us look at the principal features of this nonstick paella pan.
- Steel body ensures quick and even heating
- The non-stick cooking surface that allows for easy release of food and cleaning
- Dual cooking – oven and stovetop
- Withstand temperature up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit inside oven.
- Glass lid oven safe up to 350 degrees F
- Ergonomic steel handles make it a durable product
9. Carbon Steel Pan Review: (Mexican Origins)
The No 9 slot goes to Mexican Origins paella pan. Black is one of the best colors for kitchenware. This is one pan you can take straight away from the stovetop or the oven to the dining table. Even distribution of heat is possible in this paella pan. Check out the features of this pan.
- 14-inch pan is perfect for the normal family size today
- Heavy carbon steel allows for even distribution of heat
- Nonstick nature of cookware makes cleaning easy
- Riveted chrome handles add to the attraction
- Use it both on stovetop and oven
8. Nordic Ware – Paella Pan Review:
This is one of the large paella pans on offer. The heavyweight aluminized steel body makes it light but allows even distribution of heat. This popular pan can serve as a general-purpose pan as well. Check out the features of the Nordic ware paella pan at No 8 on this list.
- Ideal for preparing best Spanish paella
- Aluminized steel body makes it durable
- Even distribution of heat
- General-purpose pan
- Stylish Taiwan made handles
7. Matfer Bourgeat Black Steel Paella Pan: (062052)
We have Mafter Bourgeat at No 7 on this Top paella pans list. Made in Germany, this pan is a durable one. Curved sides and two ergonomic handles make this an attractive pan. Check out some attractive features.
- Curved sides making it easy to cook paella
- Two riveted handles for easy operation
- Black steel for imparting the perfect heat
- At 6-ounces, this is a heavy pan
6. Garcima 15-Inch Carbon Steel Paella Pan:
At No 6, we have this best type of paella pan made from hammered carbon steel. Dimpled bottom distributes heat quickly. The raw steel ensures that flavor of paella is not lost. Handles are strong enough for a pan of this size. Look at exciting features of this paella pan.
- Made in Spain, hence an authentic paella pan
- Carbon steel body makes it durable
- Use on stovetop and oven
- Big pan capable of serving 6 people
- Follow instructions carefully
5. Cook N Home Stainless Steel Paella Pan: (2481)
One of the most attractive and multipurpose paella pans is at No 5 on this list. The stainless steel body makes it attractive to look at. Aluminum disc at the bottom makes for even distribution of heat. Compatibility with the induction stove makes it popular. Look at some more features.
- Mirror polished body is a novelty
- Even distribution of heat
- Tempered glass allows you to view food while cooking
- Safe to use in dishwasher
- 1-year warranty
4. Ecolution Sol Paella Pan: (Eco-Friendly )
This dimpled bottom durable paella pan makes it at No 4 on this list of enameled paella pans. Made from carbon steel, this is a perfect pan for preparing some delicious paella. The nonstick nature of the pan makes it an attractive one. Check out some salient features of this Ecolution Sol paella pan.
- Extremely strong and of high quality
- Environmentally sustainable, made from 70% recycled materials
- PFOA free making it safe and non-toxic
- The dimpled bottom makes it best for even distribution of heat
- Safe to wash on the dishwasher
3. Paderno World Cuisine 18.5-inch Paella Pan:
At No 3 we have a hugely popular paella pan, Paderno World Cuisine 18.5 inch paella pan. The hammered dents in the bottom portion make the distribution of heat even. Seasoning is necessary for efficient performance. The carbon steel body makes it a durable one. Have a glance at some exciting features
- The dimpled bottom allows for even distribution of heat
- Hammered dents at the bottom make the base larger
- At 18.5-inch, this one of large paella pans
- Seasoning is easy
- Perfect for Spanish paella
2. Garcima 15-inch Paella Pan:
Now, we come to the big guns. At No 2 we have Garcima 15-inch carbon steel paella pan. A beautiful design beckons you when you shop for this product. The carbon steel body makes it a durable piece. Made in Spain, this is as authentic a paella pan you can get. Look out for some popular features
- The carbon steel body is renowned for durability
- The shape is perfect for preparing delicious paella
- Use it on stovetop or oven
- Comes with a paella recipe
1.Hungry Cuban 15-inches Paella Pan:
The No 1 spot on this list of best paella pans indisputably goes to Hungry Cuban paella pan. Made in Spain, the home of paella, this pan is the most popular as you can see from the number of reviews. This is a large pan capable of making 6 to 8 servings. The carbon steel body makes it a sturdy pan to have in your kitchen. Look out for some of the best features.
- This is a traditional paella pan in every way
- Use it on stovetop or oven
- A durable pan, this is easy to clean as well
- Carbon steel body makes it one of the sturdiest pans
You have just seen some beautiful nonstick paella pan Reviews. Using these pans, you can cook some of the most delicious paella in town. Make some lip-smacking ones and let people remember the hospitality of Spanish people. We shall now look at the Paella Pan Buying guide.
Paella Pan Using Tips & Buying Guide
What Is a Paella Pan?
A paella pan is a pan used for traditional Spanish cooking. The pan is wide and round in shape while offering a shallow body. The handles on the sides of the pan stretch out well to help you handle the utensil.
The paella pan can be utilized in cooking various foods, but the pan works particularly well with rice. The pan cooks its items in a thin layer, thus ensuring that more of the food being cooked gets in touch with the bottom part of the pan.
The bottom is where the flavoring is, whether it entails you seasoning the pan or adding oil or cooking stock to the bottom part. Because of its functionality, a paella pan is traditionally measured based on its diameter with the larger units having more space for heating foods on.
A pan is made with a steel body. The type of steel used within the pan will vary; most models are made with either stainless or carbon steel.
Paella Pan Buying Guide
Paella is a typical Spanish delicacy. The recipe is such that it requires great precision. The rice should not be more than half-inch thick. It is a great dish to serve directly from the stovetop to the dining table. Hence, it requires you to invest some time in procuring the perfect paella pan. This guide will help you do so. Look out for the following features when you venture to get your paella pan.
- Paella is a Spanish dish. Therefore, a Spanish made pan should serve you right.
- There should be even distribution of heat throughout the pan for cooking delicious paella. Go for dimpled bottom pans instead of plain ones.
- You need to cook at high temperatures. Therefore, a sturdy pan is necessary. Opt for the carbon steel body instead of aluminized ones as they are sturdier.
- Check out the right size for your family. You should have a gas burner to place this pan as well.
- Choose pans that you can use in the oven and stovetop
- Cleaning the pans is important. Opt for ones that are dishwasher friendly
- Remember to season pans before use to ensure the efficiency of the nonstick body
- Maintenance is required to avoid the formation of rust. Use some steel wool to brush off the rust if you notice any.
- Check out the handles. They should be strong enough to bear the weight of the pan when it is full of food.
- Ensure that pans are environmentally friendly and non-toxic in nature
Follow these guidelines and you get the best paella pans on display. Cook some delicious paella and enhance your reputation as being one of the most hospitable people on Earth.
How to Use a Paella Pan
These steps may be utilized when you’re aiming to cook Spanish foods with a paella pan:
- Clean off and cut up the ingredients you will add to the pan. You can cook various meats and vegetables in your pan, although this works best for rice.
- Startup the proper heat source for your paella pan. You can cook it on your stove, but you can also get a larger flame prepared with charcoal. Give about 10 to 20 minutes to allow the heat source to reach the desired temperature. Also, ash should be added onto any coal you wish to use so the coal will not lose its temperature.
- Add the ingredients to the pan. Start with the rice if you have it.
- Cook your ingredients according to the recipe’s instructions. You need to stir the pan around to ensure the ingredients are cooked evenly. You can also shake the pan around over the heat source if desired.
- Empty the foods onto a serving dish after you are finished cooking. The design of the paella pan helps you to slide the food out in moments, although you can use a larger spoon for scooping things out.
What Else Can You Cook In a Paella Pan?
While rice is the most popular thing that you can cook in a paella pan, there are many foods you can cook in your pan:
- Diced vegetables like onions and peppers are worth cooking.
- Chicken and pork are the best meats to prepare in a paella pan.
- Clams and shrimp can also be cooked, although these should be rinsed off first.
- Bacon and eggs can be cooked in a paella pan. The pan does well with taking in intense heat.
- Biscuits, cookies, and other baked goods can be cooked in a paella pan. The pan works well with cooking items that require high temperatures.
How to Clean a Paella Pan
You must avoid putting your paella pan in the dishwasher, as the pan will rust in such a machine. The following steps should work when cleaning your paella pan:
- Add about half an inch of water into the pan.
- Allow the pan to sit for a few hours. The water should loosen up any residue left in the pan.
- Pour the water and the residue out.
- Use traditional dish soap and water to clean off the pan. The soap and water should glide onto the pan well, what with the residue having been washed out.
- Dry the pan right away; the pan may rust if it is not dried out.
- Rub some vegetable oil onto the pan. The oil seals off the pan and prevents rust from developing.
How to Season a Paella Pan
You can season your paella pan to ensure the foods you cook on the pan can take in the heat that the pan gets into. The following steps should be used when seasoning your paella pan:
- Wash off and dry your pan. You might have to add water to the pan and boil for about ten minutes to clear out any oils or other items stuck on the pan’s body; this is especially for when you have a new pan.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add a layer of cooking oil to the inside and outside parts of the pan. The oil will serve as a conductor for heat.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. See that the pan develops a slightly golden tone.
- Remove the pan from the oven after it is heated. Let the pan cool before you use it.
You also have the option to season your pan on a stovetop. For this, the inside part of the pan needs cooking oil. You can heat the pan at a medium setting. You would have to turn the pan around a few times to ensure the cooking oil moves around evenly and that the pan develops a consistent gold tone.