There’s nothing like the smell of freshly baked bread wafting through the house. And while store-bought bread is convenient, there’s nothing quite like homemade one. Once you’ve mastered the basics, you can experiment with different flours, add-ins, and baking times to create a loaf that’s uniquely your own. So why not give it a try?
Classic white bread
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make delicious bread, then a silicone loaf pan is the perfect tool. Unlike metal loaf pans, which can be difficult to clean and often cause foods to stick, silicone ones are non-stick, easy to clean, and durable. In addition, they are more flexible than metal pans, making it easier to remove baked goods without damaging them.
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine the yeast, milk, sugar, salt, and butter in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until well combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Punch the dough down and knead for 5 minutes more.
- Shape into a loaf and place in your pan.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the bread for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool before slicing. Enjoy!
Cinnamon raisin bread
If you’re in the mood for something a little more exotic, try this recipe. This recipe is easy and only requires a few ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen. The key to success is to start with good bakeware. Baking bread in a silicone baking pan is a great way to get perfect results every time.
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Mix together the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes before shaping it into a loaf and placing it in your pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Cinnamon raisin bread is often served sliced and toasted, with butter or cream cheese spread on top. It can also be used for making French toast or grilled cinnamon sandwiches. It can be a delicious and healthy option for breakfast or a snack.
How to store and serve fresh bread
Homemade bread is a delicious treat that can be enjoyed fresh out of the oven or days later. To enjoy it at its best, it is important to store it properly. For short-term storage, simply wrap the cooled loaf in a clean towel and place it on the countertop. This will help to keep it moist and prevent it from drying out.
For long-term storage, wrap the bread in a clean towel and place it in a resealable bag before freezing. When you are ready to enjoy it, simply thaw it at room temperature or pop it in the oven for a few minutes to refresh. With proper storage, homemade bread can be enjoyed for days or even weeks after baking.
When it comes to serving, there are endless options. Slice it thickly and enjoy it with butter or jam, shred it into makeshift croutons for salads or soups, or use it to make sandwiches. However you choose to enjoy your fresh bread, just be sure to savor every bite.