In Red Copper square pan reviews, the general consensus among buyers is Red Copper products are among the best cookware in the industry. We have to agree because this cookware is durable, versatile, and beautiful – truly, everything that you would want in cookware. While high-quality cookware may be more expensive than standard cookware, Red Copper products provide excellent value for your money!
Red Copper isn’t the only high-performance cookware brand on the market; Copper Chef is a major competitor and we must say that both brands are equal in many ways. In the following sections, we will compare Red Copper vs. Copper Chef in terms of their similarities and differences.
Top 10 Products of Copper Chef and Red Copper
For our review, we chose five Red Copper and five Copper Chef pots and pans, a few of which are in sets. All 10 of these products were chosen because they met the standards of durability, versatility, and beauty in cookware.
#1 BulbHead 10824 Red Copper Cookware Set
This Red Copper 10 piece set includes an 8” and 10” frying pan, a 1.5-quart, 2.5-quart, and 6-quart sauce pots, and an aluminum steamer insert; many have lids. The set is made with an ultra-tough copper-infused base with a ceramic nonstick, scratch-resistant coating – the standard in Red Copper products. You will find this cookware to be versatile since they can be used for frying, stewing, and roasting with little to no oil needed.
- Complete set suitable for home cooks and professional chefs
- Strong and sturdy construction
- Can be used for cooking healthier foods requiring less oil and butter
- Safe for use in the oven and on any stovetop
- Easy to clean with either paper towel or with mild soap and water
- Beautiful design with red exterior
- Requires seasoning before use although Red Copper pan seasoning instructions are included
#2 BulbHead Red Copper Infused Non-Stick Square Cookware Set
This Red Copper square 5 piece set includes the now-popular Red Copper square pan with a tempered glass lid, a square frying basket, a steamer rack, and a recipe guide. Many buyers think of this product as an excellent Red Copper starter set suitable for use for stovetop and oven cooking, frying and sautéing, and baking and roasting. The non-stick ceramic surface with copper infusion will not easily scratch, peel or chip so it’s safe to use even with the use of metal utensils and at high temperatures.
- Square pan has an extra-high side for a larger cooking surface
- Safe to use in oven, stovetop, and dishwasher although it can also be hand-washed with a mild scrubber
- A wide range of cooking uses
- Can last for several years with proper care
- Unsuitable for induction stoves
#3 Red Copper 12-inch Nonstick Fry Sauté Pan with Helper Handle
This is a top-rated Red Copper pan Amazon offers its customers, thanks to its large 12-inch cooking surface (i.e., measures 12.7” x 12” x 3”); the pan weighs a relatively heavy 2.3 pounds. We like the counter handle opposite the main handle because it makes it easier to lift the pan even when it’s fully loaded with food. The nonstick, scratch-free surface does not contain hazardous chemicals.
- Large and deep cooking surface suitable for stews, sautéed and fried foods
- Two handles for easy lifting
- Durable construction but with a relatively light weight
- Surface doesn’t scratch, peel or chip even with constant use
- Unsuitable for induction stove
Chefs can never have too many frying pans, which may explain the popularity of this 2-piece Red Copper frying pan set consisting of a 10” and 12” frying pan. Differences in size aside, these pans are both copper-infused ceramic cookware with nonstick surfaces, as well as built-in aluminum rings for fast and even heating across the cooking surface (no cool spots).
- Pans can be used for several methods including frying, sautéing and even flambéing (withstands temperatures up to 500°F)
- Free of harmful chemicals used in the manufacture (e.g., PFOA and PTFE)
- Easy to clean with warm water and mild soap (i.e. hand-wash only)
- Sturdy materials used
- Handle stays warm when used on stovetop; mitts are required when taking the pan out of the oven
- Seasoning required before use; instructions on how to season Red Copper pan included in package
This 5-quart pasta pot is the perfect complement to your Red Copper square pan. You can use the former for cooking pastas from spaghetti to orzo and ravioli while the square pan is suitable for cooking the sauce. You will surely love the tempered glass lid because it serves two purposes – it speeds up cooking of the food by sealing in the heat and it is easy to drain the water after cooking leaving the pasta inside the pot.
- Nonstick, scratch-resistant ceramic cooking surface
- Used for cooking pastas, stews, and casseroles
- Large cooking area
- Locking handles for safe and easy draining of hot water
- Riveted handles that stay cool
- Incompatible with induction (i.e., no magnetic base)
- Unsafe for washing in dishwasher but it’s easy to clean by hand
In many Copper Chef reviews on Amazon, this 9.5” square frying pan has high ratings from customers and we’re not surprised. You can use it on induction stovetops, which means there will be no hot and cool spots resulting in fast and even cooking. You may also use it on a stovetop and in the oven with temperatures reaching up to 850° – and it will not crack, peel or chip even with regular use.
- Robust build for home and professional use
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Easy to clean by hand or with paper towels
- Square shape allows more food to be cooked in it at once
- Some people complain that the pan’s surface is too slippery
This Copper Chef set has the classic round shape and includes a 5.8-quart casserole pan, 2.8-quart sauce pan, and 10” and 8” round frying pans. These may have smaller cooking areas than their square counterparts with similar sizes but they work just as well.
- Comes as a complete set
- Heat-proof up to temperatures of 850°F
- Riveted handles for safe and secure grip
- Stainless steel induction plate
- Versatile uses
- Nonstick coating may peel off after years of regular use
Most of the griddle and grill pans of this set come with their own glass lid. All of the pans also have Copper Chef’s trademark CeramiTech nonstick coating so they are easy to use and clean, while their beautiful design makes it perfect to put on display.
- Stainless steel induction plates for fast and even cooking
- Wide range of indoor and outdoor uses
- Excellent nonstick property
- Learning curve in their use
This Copper Chef 4-piece set has a 9.5” deep square pan with a tempered glass lid. It has versatile uses for cooking, baking, and roasting while the steamer rack and fry basket extend its applications. There’s even a recipe book that will put any amateur cook on the right foot toward using the set.
- Basic set has Five-layer construction
- Can withstand high temperatures in the oven and on stovetops
- Safe for use in dishwasher
- Fast cooking with no hot and cool spots
- Expensive price
This Copper Chef set includes an 8” and 11” casserole deep-dish pan with square-shaped tempered glass lids. They are also made with stainless steel induction plates so an even heat distribution can be achieved while cooking.
- Square design for larger cooking area
- Goes straight from stovetop or oven to table
- Fast cooking from even heat distribution
- Beautiful design
- Expensive price
- Some say that the pans don’t heat as evenly as advertised
The Brands in Brief
The Red Copper brand is a line of ultra-tough ceramic copper pots and pans. The materials are a combination of nonstick ceramics with a copper infusion resulting in durable and versatile cookware. They are relatively lightweight yet have sufficient heft desired by professional chefs. They also have highly durable construction including scratch-proof surfaces.
The Copper Chef brand consists of several cookware items from pots and pans to griddles and baking pans. Most of the cookware can be used on most stove types, such as gas, electric, and induction cook-tops, as well as in ovens. These can be used for a wide range of cooking methods from frying to steaming.
Both brands are endorsed by renowned Cathy Mitchell for Red Copper and Eric Theiss for Copper Chef. These pots and pans also share several similarities including:
- Copper-infused design
- Nonstick ceramic coating able to resist high cooking temperatures
- Versatile uses from frying to flambéing
- Free from harmful chemicals like perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and polytetrafluoroethylene(PTFE)
- Can be cleaned using soap and water, and are dishwasher safe; many even say that they can be cleaned with a paper towel after light cooking
Both brands are pricier than regular cookware mainly because copper and ceramic are expensive materials. There’s also the fact that all the cookware is manufactured with durability and versatility in mind first and beauty second; these pots and pans are worthy of being displayed, such as hanging from hooks above the kitchen island.
The differences between Copper Chef vs. Red Copper must be mentioned. The most significant of these differences are:
- Copper Chef cookware can withstand temperatures up to 850°F while Red Copper cookware only has a 500°F threshold.
- Red Copper cookware has sturdier handles than the cookware of Copper Chef. The handles on Copper Chef can also become hot.
- Copper cookware is also slightly heavier, but not necessarily for all pots and pans.
The reviews for both Copper Chef and Red Copper are, more or less, equal. In the end, your personal preferences in copper and ceramic cookware will be the biggest influence on your choice.
Whether you’re looking for round or square pans, you will find the best ones from Red Copper and Copper Chef! However, we must also caution readers about properly using these cookware pieces as even the most durable pots and pans will break down prematurely with improper use, and quicker if abused. We suggest reading the instructions booklet that comes with the products for more information on seasoning, using, and cleaning the cookware.